Correction of Name

NADRA issues the Form-B as well as CNIC to Pakistani nationals. If there is any mistake in Form-B or CNIC by NADRA while entering your name or your father’s name, it’s your fundamental right to correct that mistake to save yourself from any difficulty in future.

To correct the name in your Form-B or CNIC, you have to file a proper suit for correction and declaration under section 42 of Specific Relief Act, 1877 in the concerned Civil Court.

While filing suit to correct the name in CNIC or Form-B you must have following documents in your possession.

  • The plaint contains complete description and details of plaintiff; i.e. name, father’s name, date of birth in Birth Certificate issued by Union Council as well as in educational certificates, place of birth, etc.
  • Father’s CNIC
  • Mother’s CNIC
  • Birth Certificate issued by Union Council
  • Two independent witnesses

After the submission of case in civil court, the court issues notices to NADRA to appear and submit the written statement. The evidence of plaintiff as well as the documents in favor of plaintiff are submitted before Court after that. Thereupon, the court pronounces Judgment and gives direction to NADRA to make correction in the name of Plaintiff.

Ask a Question

Get legal advice from an lawyer