Correction in CNIC

The NADRA is authority to issue the Computerized National Identity Cards (CNIC) to Pakistani nationals. If there is any mistake in your CNIC by NADRA while entering your name, your father’s name or your date of birth, it’s your fundamental right to correct that mistake to save yourself from any difficulty in future.

To correct the mistake in your CNIC you have to file a proper suit for correction and declaration under section 42 of Specific Relief Act,1877 in the concerned Civil Court.

While filing suit to correct date of birth in NADRA you must have following documents in your possession.

  1. The plaint contains complete description and details of plaintiff; i.e. name, father’s name, date of birth in Birth Certificate issued by Union Council as well as in educational certificates, place of birth, etc
  2. CNIC (Identity Card)
  3. Father’s CNIC
  4. Birth Certificate
  5. All educational certificates
  6. Two independent witnesses

After the submission of the case, the civil court issues notices to NADRA to appear and submit the written statement. After that, the evidence of plaintiff as well as the documents in favor of plaintiff are submitted before Court. The court thereupon pronounces Judgment and gives direction to NADRA to make necessary correction in CNIC of plaintiff.

Ask a Question

Get legal advice from an lawyer