Correction of Gender and Sex

NADRA issues the Form-B and CNIC to Pakistani nationalists. If there is any mistake in your Form-B or CNIC by NADRA while entering your gender, it’s your fundamental right to correct that mistake to save yourself from any difficulty in future.

To correct the mistake in your Form-B or CNIC, you have to file a proper suit for correction and declaration under section 42 of Specific Relief Act, 1877 in the concerned Civil Court.

While filing suit to correct the gender in NADRA Form-B or CNIC, you must have following documents in your possession.

  1. The plaint contains complete description and details of plaintiff; i.e. name, father’s name, mother’s name, spouse’s name, date of birth in Birth Certificate issued by Union Council as well as in educational certificates, place of birth, etc.
  2. Father’s CNIC
  3. Mother’s CNIC
  4. Spouse CNIC
  5. Birth Certificate issued by Union Council
  6. Medical certificate
  7. Two independent witnesses

After the submission of case in civil court, the court issues notices to NADRA Authority to appear and submit the written statement. After that the evidence of plaintiff as well as the documents in favor of plaintiff, are submitted before Court. The court pronounces Judgment thereupon and gives direction to NADRA Authority to make correction and enter the correct gender in Form B or CNIC of the plaintiff.

Ask a Question

Get legal advice from an lawyer